University faculty and students pitch their startups at monthly event held at ASU in Santa Monica
By Robin Rowe
BEVERLY HILLS, CA (Venture Hollywood) 2018/8/27 – The Los Angeles Venture Association (LAVA) Startup Mill university pitchfest presents faculty and student-led startups. Organized by David Navar, the event is free with RSVP and free parking is available on the street.
The Startup Mill is part of Arizona State University’s technology transfer arm, AzTE.
The Startup Mill matches selected startups with experienced executives who provide mentoring or C-level executive leadership to startups. With workshops, training and
pitch opportunities to angel groups and LAVA cohorts, The Startup Mill supports student and faculty-led startups from ten local universities, plus select non-university ventures.
LAVA Startup Mill Pitch Event
Date: 28 Aug 2018, 6pm – 9pm PDT
ASU California Center
725 Arizona Ave.
Santa Monica, CA 90401
- 6:00 PM Welcome and Registration
- 6:30 PM Startup Mill Program Overview Presentation
- 6:40 PM University Startup Presentations and Mentor Feedback
- 8:40 PM Hors d’oeuvres, Drinks and Networking
- Micromedics Inc. USC:
Microfluidic-based medical device company that utilizes patent-pending modular and biomimetically designed biochips that emulates human capillaries to produce portable bio-artificial pancreas
- NAMA Development UCSB: Unique IsomaxTM material geometry is the only mesoscale design that can achieve theoretical upper limits for structural efficiency in cellular-based structures, bringing the physical limits of lightweight performance within reach.
- QI Navigator USC: QI Navigator drives improvement across the healthcare industry by connecting, organizing, and sharing. Born of a growing movement to improve quality and performance in healthcare operations, we recognize that change is most successful with the right individuals alongside you and your unique experiences. With our platform to drive improvements without borders, you’ll be taking your efforts to the next level of performance.
- Semitron Inks: 3D printed electronic tags for component traceability and interfacing.
- Catapower USC: Catapower reforms glycerin to lactate, enabling a 20 times larger profit for biodiesel manufactures, or a 60% reduction of the total cost for lactate manufactures.
- Apeiron USC: Zero emission and cost-effective Hydrogen and Graphene Co-Production
- Cicero USC: Cicero is a web-based training platform that empowers individuals to become more effective communicators and leaders with the help of artificial intelligence.
Coming up next at the Startup Mill, Pitch Event at the UCLA Magnify Incubator at the California Nanosystems Institute on October 9th.